We Need Everyone’s Help With Procurement!
<p><a href=”https://vimeo.com/253350625″>Orca Auction Donations</a> from <a href=”https://vimeo.com/user79950118″>Jennifer Cooper</a> on <a href=”https://vimeo.com”>Vimeo</a>.</p>
Every year the PTSA and Auction Committee ask each family to donate 1-2 items to our auction. Now is the time to get started. If you do it now, you won’t have to worry as the big day gets closer. The procurement deadline is February 28, 2018.
To keep it simple, here are some things to remember as you get started. Have a vacation getaway, concert tickets, or other non-purchasable experiences to donate? What about a product, service, or tangible item? Now is the time to ask your family, friends, and local businesses to donate to the 2018 Orca Auction.
We are looking for items in value from $50-$2500, but with as few duplicate items as possible. Do you have a favorite shop or restaurant? Ask them to make a donation next time you’re are patronizing their business.
We know this can feel intimidating at first. Just know that our community wants us to be successful, they want to help us achieve our goal!
1. Get a procurement form. Please use the procurement form above or pick up a printed copy in the Orca office.
2. Find a business who is willing to donate, or come up with a donation your family can provide! Businesses are often more than happy to donate; it’s a tax write off for them, and great exposure! Ideas include restaurants, cafes, toy stores, book stores, massage therapists, car repair shops, candy stores, museums, theaters, hair cutting salons, and the like. Get creative! Some families have a cabin or vacation home they can offer up for a weekend, and this is a great seller. Other families have a special talent — home repair services, cooking skills, photography services, or anything they can offer up in exchange for a donation to our school.
3. Fill out the procurement form and turn it in (along with the actual donation or gift certificate) to Orca. Donations and forms due February 28, 2018. There is a box in the Orca K-8 PTSA Front Office labeled “Orca Auction.” Need an item picked up? Email the Orca Auction team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a pick up.
4. Consider making a cash donation directly to the school if you do not feel you can procure donations directly.
5. Come to the auction on March 25, 2018 at SODO Park!